Saturday, December 31, 2011

a Christmas handcrafted

I was reflecting on my creative pursuits over the last year (while hovering on a friend's blog) and realized that the christmas crafts this year were my most impressive. I liked the fact they were so simple to do and easy to achieve. Here is a collage of a few snapshots ... a bit late in the year for you to get some ideas I know. It is always much later, when the humdrum has died out, with time at hand to reflect at leisure on what went right, and what could go better, that I write.

So, coming back to the topic of my handcrafted decor this Christmas, all I had at hand was some doilies, reels of ribbons, baubles, some unused wrapping paper, some chocolate, some cream, some hazelnuts, a garland from the thrift shop, a few gift tags, cards from last year, old photographs, some pins and some junk jewellery. Turns out all I needed this winter was just that.

Hope all of you had a jolly good Christmas, may the good fortune continue for 2012!

2 comments:

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice collection. :)

Happy 2012! :)

Kattykally said...

thanks, New year wishes to you and your family too!