Monday, June 27, 2011

viral fever

Sometimes just floating through life is enough. As I sit in my room all wrapped up and covered, to comfort me from the viral attack this morning, my mind ponders on the aspects of my life. On a normal monday morning, I would have been at work by now, after posting a sarchastic or witty comment about Mondays on my facebook status, engrossed deep in how some R code functions. But today is different. It is cloudy outside but atleast it is dry. I am blessed to be looking out on a courtyard garden and not being overlooked by concrete all around me. I have a feeling of floating.

I had once read a sign that read, "Don't just float through life, make waves". Well, I did not have to make waves, it just hit me one after the other (just as waves do), and I kept floating. I travelled far and wide with the waves and soared high on the surf. Sometimes I just threw pebbles out mesmerized how the ripples ensued.

Weak with high dose of the paracetamol, today I don't have the energy to move, with the flow or against it. But I don't need to. I like floating through life, and for today, before the next wave hits, floating is enough...

2 comments:

Shalmalee.... said...

How can you make Sickness look so beautiful :) Now i wish i should get a viral attack as well, so i get a chance to float :P

Be good! Get well soon!

Kattykally said...

No! May you never get a viral attack, bbni...
Floating can happen anywhere anytime, comes with a bit of imagination and a bit of practice, enjoy! :)