Monday, February 14, 2011

a poem inspired by Loch Lomond...

Sweeping me off from my untouched dreams
And, taking me on a ride...
Life in its myriad shades and hues
Had spread its wings so wide.

Over the clouds and beyond the hills
By a loch tucked far away,
Where logs get washed down to the shore
And grit and pebbles lay

Where ripple after another one,
Dance with the gentle breeze,
Where ducks and swans in their royal gait,
Glide 'bout as they please

Stepping down Loch Lomond shores
On a sunny afternoon
Gazes locked and hand entwined,
The time flew by so soon...

As I sit with my solitude
Reminiscing yesterday,
My heart escapes from the lonely nest,
And journeys far away.

To a time back then - when lovely dreams
Whispered into my ears
When love like the log that washed ashore,
Wove a tale of joy and tears.

While I sat by the Lomond shores,
For a moment, but ages it seems
In a ripple of time, a wave of breeze
Lost in my untouched dreams!






3 comments:

Shalmalee.... said...

Where ripple after another one,
Dance with the gentle breeze,
Where ducks and swans in their royal gait,
Glide 'bout as they please!

Loved this para!

Pic is mind blowing. The Italic font of the "Untouched Dreams" has a special flow to it.

Mandar said...

For the shores of Loch Lomond ...
waited so long to meet...
The breeze felt esteemed...
The ripples came running to your feet...

A place like this ..
is a dream come true...
One might wonder ...
if the dream choses you?

Kattykally said...

thanks to you both!
Shalmalee - the place is awe-inspiring!
Mandar, brilliant...time for me to take a bow :)