Sunday, November 28, 2010

Of all the things...

Of all the things we left behind in Shetland, I miss my kitchen garden, especially using the harvest fresh from the garden - the most!

I signed up for the DigIn group
And the seeds arrived by post
Seeds arrive from BBC
I sowed them at once and watered hence
And reaped the carrots to roast!
carrot harvest
I watered and gazed and waited and mused
For my tiny crop to grow --
the solitary bean
A bunch of basil, handful of chives
Pull, wash, chop and throw!

hope and the herb garden

3 comments:

Shalmalee.... said...

I was confused for a sec while looking at the carrots harvest, if its your blog or mine...:PPP

And the seeds by post??? thats so cuteeee :))

Kattykally said...

haha, yes and your post was the "inspiration" that made me think - my carrots deserve a post!
(as do the puffins and many other Shetland memories, keep watching this space!)

Chandrika Shubham said...

Nice pics. :)
Carrots are too good. :)