Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Timeless Poetry

I see the words from Tagore's timeless poetry on a friend's chat window status, I can't help but let tears drop at the immensity of those words...

"Bohu din dhore, bohu krosh dure,
Bohu byay kori, bohu desh ghure,
Dekhite giyachhi parbotmala, dekhite giyachhi sindhu,
Dekha hoy nai chokkhu meliya,
Ghar hote shudhu dui pa feliya,
Ekti dhaner shisher upore ekti shishir bindu."


How truly awesome and powerful simple thoughts can be.
I try to translate it, I fail miserably, but hopefully worth the try!

I travelled for miles, and wandered for days,
I spent a fortune in many a foreign ways,
Scaling mighty mountains, soaking in the seaview,
But I am yet to walk a couple of strides,
Two steps from my home and open my eyes
To a blade of paddy and on it, a solitary drop of dew!

No comments: